Tasty Tiramisu, egg and caffeine free, for any occasion.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 1 Batch of Sponge Fingers
- Small Amount of Strong Brewed Caffeine Free Coffee
- 250 grams of Mascarpone
- 50 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams of Whipping Cream
- 100 grams of Cocoa Powder
- Optional: 100 - 200 grams of Whipping Cream to Decorate
What you'll need
- Whisk Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- 1 Big Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- (disposable) Piping Bag
- Optional: Heart Ring Moulds*
*You can make this Tiramisu in any shape you'd like.
- Whip up the mascarpone at a low speed, to smoothe it out. NOTE: Don't forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl in between the next few steps.
- Add the powdered sugar, all at once, and the vanilla extract and whip again at a low speed.
- Add in the whipping cream as it mixes and keep whipping until it reaches a mousse-like consistency.
- Place ladyfingers at the bottom of your mould, I made my own and shaped them like hearts to make it easier.
- Brush with some strong coffee.
- Use half of the filling to top off the ladyfingers.
- Repeat the last three steps and scrape the tops with a butterknife or palette knife, to smoothe it out.
- Freeze for at least 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the seperate batch of whipping cream to firm peaks.
- Place into a piping bag with a small star piping tip.
- Refrigerate the whipped cream until the tiramisu are ready to decorate.
- Unmould the tiramisu once it has fully set.
- Dust the tops with cocoa powder and then transfer to a serving platter.
- Attach ladyfingers to the sides, using whipped cream.
- Optional: Pipe a few dollops of whipped cream on top.