Delicious Rilakkuma chocolate mousse with a cake layer inside.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 1 Batch of Cake*
- 2 Batches of Milk OR White Chocolate Mousse**
- ± 20 grams of dark chocolate for mouth & eyes
- ± 10 grams of white chocolate for snout
- ± 10 grams of yellow or pink chocolate for ears**
- Optional: White Food Colouring Powder
*I used this recipe baked in a square baking pan (22,5 cm × 22,5 cm × 5 cm), which was enough for making two bear cakes.
**Depending on which bear you're making.
What you'll need
- Acetate or Baking Paper
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 1 Cutting Boards, A4 Size
- (Disposable) Piping Bag(s)
- Tools: Chocolate Mousse
- Optional: Small Boiling Pot*
*Only necessary if you choose to melt the chocolate au bain-marie. Make sure your bowl fits on top of the boiling pot without touching the water in the pot, otherwise your chocolate could easily burn.
- Prepare or bake a cake, I chose to go with this recipe.
- Pipe melted dark chocolate into the mouth and nose portion of the mould. NOTE: Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or au bain-marie.
- Pipe some eye shapes onto a piece of acetate or baking paper.
- Refrigerate the dark chocolate until hardened.
- Pipe melted white chocolate, mixed with white food colouring powder if you want it really white, into the snout portion of the mould.
- Spread yellow or pink chocolate into the ears of the mould.
- Refrigerate until all of the chocolate has hardened.
- Remove chocolate from mould and place chocolate back in the refrigerator.
- Clean and dry the mould.
- Prepare milk or white chocolate mousse, which you could mix with either some extra brown food colouring or cream food colouring.
- Fill the mould with chocolate mousse and a piece of cake.
- Let mousse set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Dip in warm water and remove mousse cake from mould.
- Place chocolate decorations on top and remove excess mousse.