Adorable Miffy Cupcakes to fit the Miffy 2nd Birthday Cake I made before.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
- 12 Vanilla (Funfetti) Cupcakes
- 200 grams of Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Nonpareil Sprinkles
Miffy Chocolate Toppers
- 50-100 grams of Dark Chocolate*
- 80-160 grams of Milk of Light Brown Chocolate*
- 20-40 grams of White Chocolate*
- 20-40 grams of Pink Chocolate*
- 20-40 grams of Yellow Chocolate*
- 5-10 grams of Green Chocolate*
- 5-10 grams of Blue Chocolate*
- 5-10 grams of Red/Orange Chocolate*
*It all depends on how thick you make the chocolate.
Instead of using coloured chocolate or candy melts you could mix white chocolate with food colouring powder.
What you'll need
- Miffy Template
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Small or Barbecue Skewers
- 1 Cutting Board, A4 Size
- Acetate Sheet
- Palette Knife
- Cake Board (25 cm)
- Whisk Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- Big Mixing Bowl
- 1 or more (Disposable) Piping bag(s)
I do NOT temper my chocolate in this recipe, if you prefer to temper your chocolate you could use the method described in this recipe or search online for other methods.
- Put your template on a cutting board and tape it down. Cover it with the acetate sheet and tape this down at the back of the cutting board.
- Melt the dark chocolate, either au bain-marie or in the microwave, and use a skewer to outline the Miffy and friends designs.
- Let this harden in the refrigerator.
- Repeat for each colour needed and let the chocolate harden.
- Add chocolate spikes, so you can stick the chocolate into the cupcakes later and let harden again.
- Whip up the whipping cream with vanilla extract to stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream onto the cupcakes and dip these in sprinkles.
- Stick the chocolates into the top of each cupcake.