Delicious & Decorative, great for a birthday party: an Edible Shape Sorter!
What you'll need
- 2 Batches of (Almost) No-Spread Cookies (Vanilla, coloured red)
- ½ Batch of (Almost) No-Spread Cookies (Vanilla, not coloured)
- Black Food Colouring
- 284 grams of Black Candy Melts
*Make sure these ingredients are at room temperature.
What you'll need
- Optional: Mickey Mouse Template
- Plastic Wrap
- Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter
- Mickey Mouse Shoe Cookie Cutter
- Mickey Mouse Glove Cookie Cutter
- Mickey Mouse Pants Cookie Cutter
- Stack of paper or a Rolling Pin Ring of 4 millimetres thick
- (disposable) Piping Bag
- Cake board (24cm by 24cm)
- Optional: Cake board (22cm by 22cm)
You'll also need the tools used in this recipe.
You're going to need to make the following shapes with the cookie dough:
- 3 red squares 22cm by 22cm
- 1 red square 21cm by 21cm
- 2 red striped rectangles 21cm by 22cm
- Divide the red dough into 5 portions
- Divide the non-coloured dough into 2 portions
- Roll out each portion in between 2 sheets of baking paper, to a thickness of 4mm.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Use a ruler to create slight indents in the right size, see list above for which sizes you'll need. NOTE: If you have a 22cm square cake board you could trace this to make it easier.
- Cut out the desired shapes.
- Colour leftover dough black, roll out and cut out a Mickey Mouse Head, to fill up the hole in one of the red squares.
- Chill again while preheating your oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake each piece separately for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Optional: Melt candy melts and place acetate over template, pipe out the pattern.
- Let them cool completely.
- Melt black candy melts, place in piping bag.
- Stick together the pieces using the candy melts, see video for further instruction.