Yummy and simple to make marshmallow easter eggs.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
- 15 grams of Micro Marshmallows
- 100 grams of White Chocolate
*1 Batch makes 2 cake layers, I made 1½ batches which I cut into three layers.
**You'll need a lot less, but it'll be hard to dip the skewers in or melt if you use less.
Instead of using coloured chocolate or candy melts you could mix white chocolate with food colouring powder.
What you'll need
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- (Disposable) Piping bag
- Egg Chocolate Mould*
*My mould is from Chocolate World, if yours is bigger or smaller you might need more or less ingredients.
I do NOT temper my chocolate in this recipe, if you prefer to temper your chocolate you could use the method described in this recipe or search online for other methods.
- Melt the chocolate, either au bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Put the melted chocolate into a (disposable) piping bag.
- Add a little melted chocolate into the cavities.
- Add about five micro marshmallows to each cavity and press down well.
- Cover with more melted chocolate.
- Tap mould on the counter several times.
- Let the chocolate set in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chocolates from the mould.
- Glue two halfs together by heating a pan and slightly melting a little off of each half, then pressing them together. NOTE: Or use some extra melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate harden again.