A Marshmallow Birthday Cake, suited for anyone who loves Marshmallows, Nutella and vanilla chocolate chip cake! This recipe is very time consuming, so don't try to make it right before a party.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 1,5 Batches of Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake*
- 2 Batches of Nutella Buttercream
- Small Amount of Simple Syrup
- 150 grams of Pink Mini Marshmallows**
- 30 grams of White Micro Marshmallows**
- 60 grams of Pink Micro Marshmallow**
*Baked in two springform pans with a diameter of 18,5 cm.
**I used Funcakes marshmallows and sorted them on colour. You might need less or more marshmallows.
What you'll need
- Serrated Knife
- Pastry Brush
- Bread or Palette Knife
- Cake Board or Plate (Ø20 cm or more)
- Optional: (Disposable) Piping bag
- Level your two cakes using a serrated knife.
- Brush some Simple Syrup onto the cut sides of the cakes.
- Use the buttercream to attach one cake to a cake board or plate.
- Pipe and/or spread some nutella buttercream onto the cake on the cake board.
- Place the other cake on top.
- Cover the whole cake in nutella buttercream and smooth it out with a bread or palette knife. NOTE: Do not refrigerate your cake at this point.
- Measure the height and diameter of your cake.
- Lay out your marshmallow pattern for the sides of the cake on your work space, so you can see if it'll fit. NOTE: The height of your pattern should be the height of your cake. The length should be the circumference of your cake, which is the diameter of your cake multiplied by pi.
- Place the marshmallows onto your cake one by one, this is very time consuming.
- If you want to put a design on top of your cake as well make small indents with a bread or palette knife to indicate where it will go, then fill the top of the cake with marshmallows.