Got a Frog and Friends fan at home? They are sure to love this cake!
- about 50 grams of Dark Chocolate or Candy Melts
- about 20 grams of White Chocolate or Candy Melts
- about 20 grams of Red Chocolate or Candy Melts
- about 20 grams of Green Chocolate or Candy Melts
- 2 Batches of Raspberry Cake Roll*
- 3 Batches of Cream Cheese Buttercream**
- Small amount of Simple Syrup
*With Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder & Red Food Colouring
**I used White Chocolate Buttercream, but it was harder to work with because it set a bit too much.
What you'll need
- Frog and Friends Template
- Cake Rings (14cm)
- Cake board (22cm)
- Icing Comb
- Palette knife
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 1 Cutting Board, A4 Size
- Acetate Sheet
- (Disposable) Piping bag(s)
- Place each template on a cutting board and place acetate on top.
- Trace the outlines with dark chocolate, refrigerate to set.
- Fill in the chocolates, one colour at a time and refrigerating in between to set the layers.
- Place chocolates in the refrigerator until further use.
- Prepare 2 Raspberry Roll Cakes and let them cool completely.
- Cut out cake layer with the cake ring.
- Prepare 2 batches of Cream Cheese Buttercream.
- Stick cake to cake board using a small amount of buttercream.
- Brush cake layer with Simple syrup, then top with buttercream and another cake layer.
- Repeat previous step until there are six cake layers total.
- Crumb coat the cake and refrigerate.
- Prepare 1 batch of Cream Cheese Buttercream.
- Cover the cake with buttercream and use an icing comb to make indents.
- Refrigerate cake until set.
- Colour remaining buttercream red with red food colouring.
- Pipe red buttercream into the indents and smoothe out the cake.
- Place chocolate decorations on top.