One of my most used recipes: vanilla chocolate chip cake. For cupcakes or just a normal cake, it's a tasty basic recipe.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 115 grams of Butter*
- 180 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs*
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams of Flour
- 7 grams of Baking Powder
- 120 grams of Milk
- Optional: 140 grams of Chocolate Chips
- Optional: 140 grams of Funfetti Sprinkles
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes or one cake with a diameter of 18 cm or 20 cm.
What you'll need
- Paddle Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- 2 Big Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Spatula
- Aluminium Foil
- Cupcake Pan or Springform Pan (Ø18 or 20 cm)
- 12 Cupcake Liners or Baking Paper
- Balloon Whisk or Sifter
- Optional: Ice Cream Scoop*
*Makes it easier to divide the batter if you're using cupcake liners or multiple cakes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare your springform pan by brushing some butter into it and then placing baking paper in it or prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix the butter with the sugar, then add in the eggs one by one and the vanilla extract and mix again. NOTE: Make sure you scrape down the bowl with a silicone spatula in between, so everything is well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix the Flour and Baking Powder together, you could sift it or mix with a balloon whisk.
- Add half the flour to the butter mixture and mix, then add half the milk. Mix well to incorporate and scrape down the sides.
- Add the other half of the flour and mix, then add the last of the milk and mix well to incorporate.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips, if you want a chocolate chip cake, with the silicone spatula.
- Divide the batter over 12 cupcake liners or put it all in one cake pan.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. NOTE: If you insert a skewer and no wet batter sticks to it: the cake is done!
- Once they're done cover the cupcake pan or cake pan with aluminium foil, to keep the cake moist, and let it cool completely.