I'm addicted to strawberries and I love the combination of white chocolate and strawberries. Do you agree? Then this is your kind of recipe!
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 90 grams of White Chocolate
- 20 grams of Whipping Cream, for Heating
- 40 grams of Strawberry puree, Sifted*
- Chilled: 100 grams of Whipping Cream, for Whipping
- 4 grams of Gelatine Powder
- 10 grams of Cold Water
- Optional: Pink or Red Food Colouring Gel
*You need about 60 grams of strawberries, frozen and thawed or fresh, to make this.
What you'll need
- Mould or Glass
- Chilled: Mixing Bowl
- Chilled: Whisk Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- Silicone Spatula
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Optional: Small Boiling Pot*
*Only necessary if you choose to melt the chocolate and whipping cream together au bain-marie. Make sure your bowl fits on top of the boiling pot without touching the water in the pot, otherwise your chocolate could easily burn.
- Blend the strawberries and sift the puree to remove any seeds.
- Measure out 40 grams of strawberry puree. NOTE: Any leftovers cannot be used in this recipe.
- Break your chocolate into small pieces, place it into the heat proof bowl along with the 40 grams of strawberry puree and the smaller amount of whipping cream, intended to be heated.
- Place the heat proof bowl on top of a boiling pot* that has a layer of water in it, on the stove and let chocolate melt. OR place the heat proof bowl in the microwave for short intervals of time. Stir gently occasionally until chocolate has completely melted and is well incorporated into the whipping cream and strawberry puree.
- Let the chocolate, strawberry and cream mixture cool to room temperature. NOTE: Wait for it to cool to room temperature before you continue.
- Place your gelatine in a small bowl and add the cold water, let the gelatine absorb the water.
- Heat the gelatine briefly in a small saucepan or in the microwave, until it has melted and whisk the chocolate, strawberry and cream mixture and gelatine together.
- Whip up the large amount of whipping cream, intended for whipping, to firm peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream through the chocolate, cream and gelatine mixture gently, in two additions.
- Place the chocolate mousse in a mould or glass and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set. NOTE: I prefer to leave it overnight.
*Make sure your bowl fits on top of the boiling pot without touching the water in the pot, otherwise your chocolate could easily burn.