Simple syrup is, as its name implies, simple. But it is essential when making a cake ahead of time to keep it from drying out.
What you'll need (1:1 ratio)
- 50 grams of Water
- 50 grams of Granulated Sugar
To change things up replace some or all of the water with tea or fruit juice.
What you'll need
- Silicone Spatula
- Airtight container
- Optional: Heat Proof Bowl*
- Optional: Small Boiling Pot*
*This all depends on whether you're melting the sugar in a boiling pot on the stove or in the microwave.
- Place the water and sugar in either a small boiling pot or a heat proof bowl.
- Heat this on the stove or in the microwave until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the simple syrup into an airtight container and let it cool to room temperature, without the lid on.
- Put the lid on and store in the refrigerator until use.