Delicious and chocolaty red velvet brownies with or without cream cheese whipped cream topping, perfect for Valentine's Day.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 150 grams of Milk Chocolate
- 110 grams of Butter
- 180 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 20 grams of Cocoa Powder
- 90 grams of Flour
- 3 Eggs*
- Red Food Colouring
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
What you'll need
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Brownie Pan (22,5 cm × 22,5 cm × 5 cm)
- Baking Paper
- Pastry Brush
- Optional: Small Boiling Pot*
- Optional: Balloon Whisk**
*Only necessary if you choose to melt the chocolate and butter au bain-marie. Make sure your bowl fits on top of the boiling pot without touching the water in the pot, otherwise your chocolate could easily burn.
**You can just use the silicone spatula to stir everything together, but the balloon whisk might make it easier.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare your brownie pan by brushing some butter into it and then placing baking paper in it. NOTE: Make sure the baking paper comes up higher than the red velvet brownie batter will.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl above a saucepan with a small layer of water, on medium heat. Stir until the butter and chocolate are fully melted and well combined.
- Use a whisk to mix in the sugar, then the vanilla extract and then add in the eggs one by one. Add in the red food colouring and stir. Next sift the cocoa powder and flour and mix that through as well.
- Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Let them cool completely.
- Optional: Cut them into any shapes or size you'd like. NOTE: Use cookie cutters to create nice shapes, such as hearts or stars.
- Optional: Top them off with half a batch of Cream Cheese Whipped Cream for a real Red Velvet feel!