Pineapple, Mango & Strawberry Sponge Cake! A nice summer-y treat with fruity flavours.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
- 200 grams of Flour
- 6 grams of Baking Powder
- 50 grams of Sunflower Oil
- 100 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Yolks*
- 220 grams of Pineapple OR Mango OR Strawberry Puree
- Optional: Food Colouring
- 20 grams of Granulated Sugar
- 6 Egg Whites*
*Make sure this ingredient is at room temperature.
What you'll need
- 2 Cake Pans (⌀15 cm) OR 1 Cake Pan (38,7 cm x 26 cm x 1,9 cm)
- Baking Paper
- Silicone Spatula
- 3 Big Mixing Bowls
- Whisk Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Blend the fruit and sift the fruit puree to remove any seeds, if necessary.
- Prepare your cake pan by making sure the bottom is covered with baking paper. NOTE: Do not butter or grease your cake pan.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg yolks, oil, larger amount of sugar and vanilla extract and fruit puree. NOTE: Add in food colouring if you'd like.
- Add this mixture to the flour and baking powder mixture and mix well.
- Clean your mixing bowl and whisk attachment with a little bit of lemon juice and a paper towel.
- Add in your egg whites and whip them up.
- Once they start to increase in volume and have become whiter add in the smaller amount of sugar slowly and keep whipping until you've got stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites into the cake mixture in three additions and fold in gently.
- Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes, make sure to check whether they are done. NOTE: You can check this by inserting a knife or toothpick, if it comes out clean your cake is done.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Once cool remove the cake from the cake pan.