Want neat edges & clear shapes? Try my (almost) no-spread cookies, ideal for cookie houses or neat cut-out cookies.
Remember you can make most of my recipes lactose free, which I always do, you'll just have to get the right ingredients.
What you'll need
- 225 grams of Butter*
- 225 grams of Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs*
- 450 grams of Flour OR 100 grams of Cocoa Powder AND 350 grams of Flour
- 60 grams of Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Food Colouring
*Make sure these ingredients are at room temperature.
What you'll need
- Paddle or Dough Hook Attachment(s)
- Electric Mixer
- Big Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Silicone Spatulas
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking Paper (or Silicone Baking Mat)
- Optional: Stack of paper or a Rolling Pin Ring of 4 millimetres thick*
- Optional: Extra Flour or Plastic wrap**
*This makes it easier to roll out the dough to 4 millimetres thick.
**You'll need to pick one, either put some flour on your rolling pin or place plastic wrap over the cookie dough and then roll it out.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine flour and cornstarch (optional: and cocoa powder).
- Mix butter and sugar until well combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in some plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll out the dough between two layers of plastic wrap or baking paper, roll it out to about 4 millimetres thick. NOTE: Chill before cutting out the cookies, to make cutting them out easier.
- Cut out cookies and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the cookies for about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Let them cool before decorating or eating them.
Leftover dough: Gather it up and repeat steps 6 through 10.